Turnabout H.U.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video)

+3
book of life
Riu
SNK
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video) - Page 4 Empty Re: PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video)

Post by SNK Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:42 pm

I doubt Maya will be invincible, that would make Wright concidered broken. I think it's possible to airdash behind Wright and attack him from there if you're skilled enough. Unless Wright is in a corner. Not gonna do a conered pun, too tired. Riu probably will.

Remember, sometimes he might find bad evidence. The evidence thing is too luck based for a fighting game. It's the same as spamming Mr Game & Watch's forward B, just luck.

You're the only one I know that likes Arthur, Aliucon. I've never seen him ben put to any good use. You should enter a tournament and win, that would make him rise in popularity a lot.

Ghost rider looks broken, but not nearly as much as Nova. Ok, maybe not broken, but something I might be able to handle. I really like his level 3. LOOK INTO MY EYES!! HAVE A NICE DEATH!!! My team will probably be Wright, Amaterasu and maybe one with more health. Tron Bonne maybe? Guess I'll have to wait until the game comes.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Male Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-12-14

http://narutofunpack.roflforum.net/

Back to top Go down

PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video) - Page 4 Empty Re: PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video)

Post by Ema Skye Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Man I don't have any of those you bitches =/
Ema Skye
Ema Skye
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6176

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Is that your way of saying that you want UMvC3? If it is, buy wish for a PS3 for christmas or something, then we might host a Marvel vs Capcom tournament. I've hosted christmas tournaments for two years now, it's a tradition. Christmas always makes you feel like beating the shit out of each other, right?

I'm a horrible person.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ema Skye Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:45 pm

No that about sums up my Christmas feelings.

But anyways I can't ask for that for Christmas I've already asked for Skyward Sword with the limited edition wiimote and soundtrack thing.
Ema Skye
Ema Skye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Fine, I'll buy you one.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Me and my friend are hosting a HeartGold/SoulSilver tournament sometime soon if anyone here wants to enter it. I think it's to promote his music, he's gonna be a hiphop artist (when he eventually uploads his music)
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Male Number of posts : 6368

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Which pokemon are banned?
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Legendaries

Gonna all be reduced to level 50, too
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Might be interested.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Cool, I'll mention it again nearer the time then
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:50 pm

As long as no new pokemon's involved (which I assume won't since it's HGSS), I'm in. I shall loose as epicly as only I can.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Indeed, the evidence is luck-based, so I can see where you're coming from, SNK. But as for invincible Maya, it could be she just stays for a certain period of time, and is invincible then, I don't think it would break the game to Phoenix favor, but would make it possible to keep searching for evidence even if the battle is, like, 1 vs 3. Which makes me think this is the moment where we need to go into turnabout mode and kick some serious ass...

Ah, yeah, Arthur doesn't get much respect. I'd like to do something about that. I need to master his new gameplay mechanics when Umvc3 is out before I do that, though. If he has any... I hope Fire Bottle Toss is not nerfed. Awesome on combat, and even better as an assist attack, godly when Arthur is in his Gold Armor. Arguably, the only thing better than it is Tron Bonne's Gustaff Fire. Really fast and difficult to hit that when she's assist called.

Oh, for your team... you're using Amaterasu? Quite a powerhouse, she is. I'd think about choosing either a battery character (one with quick hits that fills the meter bar easily) or one with more health, like you mentioned.

On a different note... Pokemon Tournament? Neat! ..Though it's been a while since I played HG... but I think I'd be up to it.
Aliucon
Aliucon
Admin

Male Number of posts : 5591
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:33 am

I know what the term battery means, Aliucon. You don't need to translate. I've been to shoryuken before too you know :P Though I admit that my lingo is far from perfect.

I think it would be concidered kinda broken (given how quickly people are willing to call anything that). Especially concidering it IS possible to find all evidence at once and BOOM turnabout ,mode! Or imagine Arthur returning to normal instead of semi naked mode when he uses his golden armor. People would be pissed. I honestly doubt Maya's invincible, I doubt she can block specials or anything.

Did Gustaff fire have invincibility frames when used as an assist? I can't remember all the reasons why everyone spammed it so much aside from it being quick.

Amaterasu is hard to control properly. If you can switch between her weapons quickly enough, you can combo most people to death in a single combo. I'm not that good. Far from it. Course she dies easily, but it's a price to pay. You're gonna die A LOT in the beginning when you're trying to master her. Kinda like Magneto in MvC2. Also, Ammy does as a battery for me. Not the best, but she can do.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:42 am

Is shoryuken the only place that uses that term? Well, but I decided to put it there for anyone that wasn't familiar with that term...

And I guess I can accept that for Maya...and it's funny how we're discussing her instead of Phoenix. As in she'd make Phoenix broken. But we all know Phoenix has not lost a case while accompanied by a Fey, so there.

For Gustaff Fire, I believe the only moment you can actually hit Tron during it is the middle of the flaming animation. Around it, it's all invincibility frames. It sounds more broken than it actually is, but it's still something quite unique.

And yeah, I've heard of the weapon-shifting combos she can perform. I'd like to see you master that and cut down everyone. The world needs less people that will spam Ammy's "Forward heavy" with the sun disk.
Aliucon
Aliucon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:59 am

Shoryuken is the biggest place for that, so that's where most fighting game fans hang around, so I imagine it spreads. Wavedashing was originally a shoryuken term before it spread into melee, for example.

It's the small things that make a character broken. Like Sentinel's super armor in MvC2. What's more broken that going into turnabout mode at the start of a battle? That's hacker stuff. And I think an invincible shield would make any character broken. Sure, he has never lost a case with a Fey, but a FIGHT? Besides, only Wright can summon Maya, that makes her a part of him. Or rather, a move of his. Thus it's Wright we're duscussing. Algebra is cool.

I don't remember all top assists from that game apart from Haggar's lariat and Gustaff fire. MvC2 had a lot of good ones. Tron's was the best.

Go check out Justin Wong's Ammy. He fights like how I want to. I'm not near that, tough. I'm having a hard time just remembering all her combinations, let alone preform then so flawlessly.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:06 am

I guess so. Weird that I ended up hearing such terms when they were already spread, then...

Ah, yes, Sentinel's super armor. Scary stuff. I hope they're not planning to bring that back with Nemesis on UMvC3. Not in the normal state, at least, because we know he gets a RIDICULOUS amount of it in one of his level 1 supers. And right, Maya should not have an invincible shield in order not to break the game. Probably was too far of a stretch to assume so. Well, we'll know soon enough. The game is being released this month.

Top assists, huh... well, I'm not all aware either, I mentioned Arthur's more because of personal experience than anything...

Ah, I shall check it out once I get the time. ...Speaking of which, I really should go to sleep. x-x
Aliucon
Aliucon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ema Skye Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:44 am

To much stuff to read and I'm tired because it's 4 fucking 45 in the god damn morning. Wow I swear a lot when I'm tired.

For the Pokemon whatever, all of my Pokemon would get raped if I attempted the competition so it would be pointless.
Ema Skye
Ema Skye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:47 pm

You're kinda cute when you're tired. Also, I went to bed about 6 AM today, so I feel ya.

Also, where have you been all my life, Aliucon? It's like you're the friend who always kicks my ass at fighting games I've never had. Or at least one that's more knowledgable than me. I just know that's not a word, but so is kghjkhgjk.

Just check out shoryuken's wiki. It's a mess. They expect people to know most terms and rarely explains them. Then again, their forums gives me nightmares.

Nemesis. My god. From what I've heard, he has no super armor. I think he's gonna be top tier, just a feeling. He seems like Capcom's Sentinel in a way. I once saw a video of a guy clearing arcade mode on normal by just spamming Sentinel's c.H (his laser beam). I lol'd.

As I said, the lariat is overused to say the least. Everybody hates GF, but I have yet to experience the true pain of it.

Though honestly, I think I'm gonna wait with UMvC3 until I get Uncharted 3.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:19 am

I guess I've been here in a sub-developed country all your life, SNK, pretty far away. But seriously, I kinda have this same feeling, as I never really had a reliable partner with whom to game. Even in school, my games of choice were often overshadowed by soccer games, which are absurdly popular here, so I could never talk to people much about games in general. I wish we had met before, SNK. I might have had a complete childhood.

Hum, Capcom's Sentinel is certainly a way to refer to it. It was quite an odd selection too, I wonder if they were going precisely for that effect, to make a different version of Sentinel. But well, we're yet to see the guy truly in action.

Speaking of which, I'm kind of revolted that there are 4 Resident Evil characters in the game. I wish they would have used Nemesis' slot to fill one unfinished group, like, I dunno, the Megaman Team (Tron, Zero and X). But that's just my preference...

And I hope you don't have to experience much pain from Gustaff Fire. I still find it pretty amazing of an assist attack...

Uncharted 3. Go for it, then.
Aliucon
Aliucon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:03 pm

SNK wrote:As long as no new pokemon's involved (which I assume won't since it's HGSS), I'm in. I shall loose as epicly as only I can.
We won't ban new Pokemon because people will get pissed off, but I'm certainly not using any. Kanto and Johto all the way for me

Aliucon wrote:On a different note... Pokemon Tournament? Neat! ..Though it's been a while since I played HG... but I think I'd be up to it.
Nice, just gotta make sure your Pokemon are lv50+

As for the MVC3 talk, Amaterasu was probably my favourite character in the game. I'm glad they added her

SNK wrote:Or at least one that's more knowledgable than me. I just know that's not a word, but so is kghjkhgjk.
Knowledgeable? That's a word
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4