Turnabout H.U.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video)

+3
book of life
Riu
SNK
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video) - Page 3 Empty Re: PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video)

Post by Ema Skye Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:47 pm

It was I just
I facepalmed
Because that is what puns make me do
Ema Skye
Ema Skye
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6176
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video) - Page 3 Empty Re: PHOENIX WRIGHT CONFIRMED FOR MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (now with gameplay video)

Post by Aliucon Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:48 pm

I managed to see the trailer when it got out...

It's so beautiful... it's a dream to see Phoenix there... ;_;

Sure he's some pretty weird moves, he doesn't seem to know what he's doing half the time, Maya always has to go out there and save his ass... but you know what, that's exactly how he's like in the game. I wouldn't have it any other way. xD

And that level 3... is perfect.
Aliucon
Aliucon
Admin

Male Number of posts : 5591
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:00 am

His level 3 is the strongest attack in the whole game, and even the history of MvC. Why? Because TAKE THAT.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Male Number of posts : 772

http://narutofunpack.roflforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ema Skye Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Hells yeah! Phoenix is a bamf!
Ema Skye
Ema Skye
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6176

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 pm

He's just having a little pun, Ema...

...So is it really the strongest in the history of MVC? That's crazy. MVC's had some pretty strong attacks.
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Male Number of posts : 6368

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Unfortunately, he needs to be in Turnabout mode, or whatever it's called. To do that, he must pick up 3 correct pieces of evidence, hit the oponent with his HOLD IT attack (which will turn into OBJECTION once he has all evidence he needs), have 3 energy bars stocked, THEN preform the attack and hope it hits.

I'm sad to say it, but I think Phoenix will be mid tier at best. Nova seems pretty über, even by MvC standards.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Fuck the tiers, be who you have most fun with ^^
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:33 pm

And get your ass kicked by your friends, CPUs and random strangers. Truely, tiers r 4 queers! Who want to win matches, anyway?

No, I did not coin that phrase. It's been used in the smash comminity since 2001.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Tiers don't determine wins of course ^^
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:24 pm

Tiers are just lists for which character is MOST LIKELY to win. You still have to be skilled enough to play with the character. Just because you're using Meta knight doesn't mean that you'll automatically win against a Ganondorf.

But I do think there's a reason why tiers exists in the first place...
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 am

And which reason is that?
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:07 am

Because some characters DO have better speed, power, reach etc. You don't need a tier list to see that some characters are overpowered.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Sentinel.
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:47 am

Meta knight.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:34 pm

That's what I love about Tekken Tag. No unbalanced crap. Just learn how to defeat Eddy and you're fine
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:25 am

Why Eddy? Is he good?

(haven't played Tekken tag since its release)
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Everyone complains about people being able to button bash and automatically win with him (his moves are unpredictable), but I don't have problems fighting him. I assumed it was because I was so used to the game
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 pm

I had a lot of problems with Eddy in the beginning... but back then, I didn't really know how to play Tekken. Now I'm pretty satisfied with my Lily and Hwoarang skills...

...Wait, this is not the Tekken thread... sorry.

As for Phoenix... I never minded tiers, but I'm sure that having teammates using assists to cover him, along with Maya protecting him while he searchs for evidence will make it easier to reach Turnabout Mode. I think Phoenix will be pretty high tier. Even if it takes a while to get into Turnabout Mode, he can always turn the fight around once he's in it... because that mode is just godly.

My previous main team was Zero, Morrigan and Arthur. I wonder with which of these he'd work best, so I know which character to remove in order to get him into the team. He MUST be in the team. Tough call...

Though I'll agree with SNK on Nova. He's a freaking beast, has a freaking awesome music, has a multitude of OTG moves that he can combo afterwards... pretty complete character.
Aliucon
Aliucon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:36 am

Metagaming, my friends. Play against or as Eddy enough times and you will know all his moves and will be able to counterattack each and everyone, if you're skilled enough. I never was good at Tekken, so idk.

From what I know, Maya only protect against projectiles. Even if she does block attacks, people who play rushdowns a lot will probably counter Wright's any and all attempt to find evidence. At leasy Wright reaching Turnabout mode seems more likely to me than Phoenix becomming Dark Phoenix. Oh, and Turnabout mode has a timelimit, Dark Phoenix doesn't. If I remember correctly (too tired to check).

Remove Arthur.

And once again, Nova is a faggot.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Haha, doesn't matter if we go off on a tangent every now and then. It's THUG

I never actually got to watch that gameplay video, I just saw the trailer for him. I'll check that out now
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:58 pm

We should have a THUG tournament in something someday.
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 pm

OKAY PHOENIX LOOKS AMAZING.

And yeah, Brawl or something
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNK Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:00 am

Brawl sux, I'd say melee, some Street fighter game or maybe even Tekken. May the best THUG win!
SNK
SNK
Professional Hugger
Professional Hugger

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:16 am

Hah, a competition between the THUGs would be cool. I'm up to Tekken, or Dissidia, if someone has it. ...I think we need a thread to discuss this idea. xD Getting to know each other online, even if we're kicking each other's asses, is always fun.

SNK wrote:From what I know, Maya only protect against projectiles. Even if she does block attacks, people who play rushdowns a lot will probably counter Wright's any and all attempt to find evidence. At leasy Wright reaching Turnabout mode seems more likely to me than Phoenix becomming Dark Phoenix. Oh, and Turnabout mode has a timelimit, Dark Phoenix doesn't. If I remember correctly (too tired to check).

In the reveal trailer, Maya manages to hold off a 3-hit Iron Man combo and stays afterwards long enough for Phoenix to counterattack. I'm wondering whether that means she can only take three hits or if she stays there invincible for a set duration of time. If it's the latter, that is going to be really useful. And I guess Phoenix can always find at least one piece of evidence after a successful combo, maybe more depending on the situation and other assists to back him up.

SNK wrote:Remove Arthur.

Yeah, I get it's the one more likely to go down. Too bad, that guy's amazing.
Aliucon
Aliucon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NS Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Melee isn't online though. Tekken or Street Fighter 3rd Strike would be good though
NS
NS
God of Hugs
God of Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next